Thursday, April 13, 2017

Highland Spring Greens

Highland Spring Greens, fused plastic stiching and paint, 21 x 21
We've been eating a lot of leftovers and our glut of chicken eggs so it was lucky that while cleaning up I found a bag of plastic I brought back from the lakes that I had forgotten about.  While staying in Seathwaite, we bought all our groceries at Booths.  The plastic bags are a grey blue. The cottage didn't have towels and we hadn't brought any so I got a big blue bag from the shop where I bought them, as it was raining… the lettuce bags had fuscia and this week I got a big bag of spinach.  Then there is that forest green from Fishers. But my favourite plastic was the purple to lavender of the Highland Springs water wrapper.

The collage got dark very quickly and it was only by layering and ironing some pieces onto white that I was able to create any movement and depth. I wanted to evoke our hike, again, but through a kaleidescope of time.

I was disappointed not to be selected for a few things this week and in response I made a pile of mail art, using plastic.  That was curative. I began this yesterday and went to sleep and then to London on what I needed to tie this piece together.  To me it was obvious so I came out this evening to mix some carmine, magenta and burnt umber.  After that it needed a little prussian blue and white paint.  Now that it's all done, I can't help seeing something of Maine where the mountains meet the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment